Experience the John Bunyan Boat
New Public Cruise Guide available to download
John Bunyan community boat launches our new cruising season with familiar cruises on Thursday to Cardington and Sunday to Kempston, whole host of different music cruises covering our popular Jazz and Motown & Soul cruise, this year we be joined with Irish Music cruise from Inis Eire.
A cruise on the river gives you a completely different view of the town. Even people who’ve lived here all their lives see something new! Now is the time book a trip on the boat and enjoy the sunshine and calming waters of the river. It is hard to improve on a peaceful and tranquil meander through the countryside around Bedford or enjoy views of the town and Embankment from a new vantage point, whilst taking refreshments from the galley. Watch the world go by and spot a kingfisher or two. Admire the historic bridges and buildings on the water’s edge. Or party as the world floats by!
During the school holidays we have something for the family, our popular EyeSpy cruises along the Embankment spotting the landmarks along the river.
For those after something special join us on our Afternoon Tea cruise in conjunction with Kingfisher Riverside Pub (Previously – The Barns Hotel), our monthly 4 hour cruise to Great Barford on our Anchor Lunch Cruise.
This year we are looking to run a number of evening Supper cruises; – Fish & Chip Supper and Fish & Chip Lunch Cruises, Curry Evening cruise and a number of Special Event cruises;- Special Afternoon Tea Cruise.
- Passengers must arrive 15 minutes before departure time. Bookings close 72 hours before cruise start time. You can still purchase a ticket on board, subject to availability, but not book food.
- All cruise times approximate, dependent on river conditions and time spent going through locks.
- If the river is in flood or obstructions on the river, cruises will be re-routed or cancelled and alternative dates or refunds will be given. Please check the latest news before you leave. If you have not pre-booked, please check our website for last minute changes.
- Child rates are not available on all our cruise see individual cruise descriptions on booking page.
- Passengers are not permitted to consume their own alcohol or food on board public cruises.
- Please note you may have to share a table with other guests if the cruises are full.
- We can reserve provisional places on our public cruises for groups of over 10 people for up to 30 days. Please call our booking line on 07861 620 520 for group bookings only.
- Any problems with your booking email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking Terms & Conditions
Public cruise terms & conditions can be download here.
John Bunyan 2024 Public Cruises
The latest Public Cruise brochure is available for download.
Public Cruise Departure Points
To find our departure points, view our departure point web page.
A pleasant trip along the river with a very average "cream tea" consisting of only one scone//jam/cream on paper plates including the cup of tea, all pre-packed and covered in... read more
July 1, 2019
What a fantastic evening on the John bunyan.... a cruise down the ouse with perfect weather and great tunes of soul and Motown this a private charter so I was... read more
August 29, 2019