Founding sponsors & supporters
Electra wouldn’t have been possible without a wide range of founding sponsors and supporters. We proudly carry their names on port and starboard panels.
We’re always looking to make new friends, find fresh sponsors, and reach new supporters.
Our thanks to Sainsbury’s Argos for providing Electra with a fridge-freezer and delivering it to our on-shore store.
Our thanks to John Lewis and Waitrose for sponsoring five cruises, and to individual Milton Keynes Councillors for sponsoring three more.
Our thanks to Crest Nicholson and The Parks Trust for continuing to provide support for overnight mooring at Campbell Wharf Marina, daytime mooring at Campbell Wharf, and occasional mooring at Great Linford Manor Park and Campbell Park Visitor Moorings.
Local catering partnerships
Part of our green agenda is reducing the food miles travelled for as many of the tasty treats we serve on board; so far, our volunteer team has created links with:
● Camphill Milton Keynes cafe for scones
● JamMK in Walnut Tree
● Moore’s Fish & Chips in Oxley Park
● Concrete Cow Brewery for beer (one of their new Local Heroes range of beers is named after Electra and is for sale on board in a souvenir bottle)
● The Willen Ice Cream Company for a selection of artisan ice creams (once our freezer is available)
● Caron’s Cakery Cake artist
● Namji an award-winning local social enterprise who bring the true essence of Punjabi cuisine to our Curry Evening Cruises
● Macintyre Bakery and Coffee Shop in Great Holm who provide opportunities for people with a learning disability to gain new skills and supply our cakes
We are keen to develop further relationships with local caterers in the Milton Keynes area, so please contact us at email@example.com
Local activity partnerships
We’re delighted to be partnering with The Parks Trust and the Canal & River Trust to offer a range of trips that combine walking and cruising. Check out the public cruise pages for ‘Walk & Glide’ and Walk One Way options.
For 2022 we’re also welcoming on board Something Less Boring who are offering Art on the Water cruises aboard Electra.
We are keen to develop further relationships with organisations that would like to charter Electra to deliver their business, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org