17th AGM Agenda on 6th June at 7.30pm & Minutes of previous AGM
17th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEDFORD & MILTON KEYNES WATERWAY TRUST HELD AT:
Box End Park, Box End, Bedford
on Tuesday 6th June 2022 AT 7.30 PM
|3. To receive the Minutes of the 16th Annual General Meeting held on 14th June 2022|
|4. To receive and consider the Report of the Directors and the Statement of Accounts and the Balance Sheet of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2023|
|5. It is proposed that the maximum number of directors specified in Article 77 of the Articles of Association of the Bedford & Milton Keynes Waterway Trust be increased from twelve (12) to eighteen (18)|
|6. It is proposed that the following longest serving Directors who have completed a three-year term be re-appointed for a further three years:
Drew Marchant – Chris Hilliard – Paul Smith
|7. It is proposed that the following director, currently co-opted, be confirmed: Janet Goodland|
|8. To receive the report from the Chairman on the Trust’s current key objectives, and activities over the last year|
|9. A report on behalf of B&MK Waterway Enterprises Ltd. Including reviews from John Bunyan and Electra|
|10. Guest Speaker – Terry Cavender talking on Bucks Canal|
|8.45 pm||Close of meeting|
The Bedford & Milton Keynes Waterway Trust Annual Report 2022-2023 awaiting final sign-off can be viewed here
Minutes of the 16th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE BEDFORD & MILTON KEYNES WATERWAY TRUST
HELD AT BOX END PARK
on 14th June 2021 AT 7.30 PM, Chair: Jane Hamilton
There were 18 members present and 19 proxy votes had been received.
- Jane Hamilton opened the meeting by reporting on the work the Trust has achieved over the last year.
- It was planned to make a presentation to Graham Mabbutt, marking his retirement from Trust work, to thank him for his contribution over the years. Unfortunately, Graham’s illness meant that this was not possible. The meeting, however, expressed its thanks to Graham by means of a round of applause.
- Mayor of Bedford, Dave Hodgson, once again expressed his support for the project, and reminded the meeting about what Bedford Borough Council is doing to contribute to the delivery of the Waterway. He announced the launch of the consultation on the next Local Plan, which he hoped people would comment on. He expressed the view that positive comments were extremely welcome, to balance the usual flow of objections. He hoped that members of the Trust would be pleased at the recommendations for Gibraltar Point, which include provision for the Waterway.
- Apologies had been received from Rodney & Wendy Evans.
- The minutes of the of the 15th Annual General Meeting held on 24th June 2021 were accepted nem con.
- The accounts had not yet been approved by the independent reviewer due to illness and holidays. It was not anticipated that there would be any problem with the approval, and the Report of the Directors and the Statement of Accounts and the Balance Sheet of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2021 were accepted nem con subject to this approval being received in due course.
- The longest serving Directors who have completed a three-year term were individually re-appointed for a further three years: Julian Armitage, Beryl Bennett, James Barbour, Simon Clewlow. Each was elected nem con.
- John Best gave a report on the activities of B&MK Waterway Enterprises Ltd. Including reviews from John Bunyan and Electra.
- Julian Armitage updated the meeting on the activities of the Eastern Project Group, with particular emphasis on the Kempston Landing Stage.
- After questions from the floor, the formal business being completed, the meeting was closed at 8:30pm. Those present then socialized over refreshments.
For more information: