We look forward to seeing you onboard
Electra 2024 Programme
Cruises start again mid-April 2024.
How to book
All bookings are made through our simple online ticketing system.
Wheelchair/rollator can only be up to 700mm wide and users must book a Lift User ticket.
A small online booking fee is applied at checkout. This lets you:
- Update, cancel or transfer your booking free of charge within specified time limits
- Add your booking to your calendar and send it to other people so everyone has the joining instructions
- Get all the information for your booking online in one place, no printing needed
You’ll get a confirmation email. Then the day before your cruise you’ll get a reminder email with your arrival time and location, including maps for parking.
We offer registered charities a 10% discount on all bookings – simply email us with the name and number of your charity and we will send you the discount code to use when you book.
Public cruises run up to 6 days a week throughout the season, with a range of tempting Food Cruises – cream tea, fish & bubbles, ploughman’s lunches, coffee & cake. There are also Return and One-way Café Bar Cruises, short Family Friendly Cruises and Half Day Cruises. Take your pick!
Guest numbers are limited to maximum 12 per public cruise, including children of all ages. Children must be supervised by an accompanying adult (maximum 3 children to 1 adult). Choose your food options, if any, when you book.
Enjoy having Electra all to yourselves! Short private charter bookings (2.5 hours) are available on Thursdays and Saturdays, with slots in the morning or afternoon. Make your charter extra special with coffee and cake, cream teas, nibbles trays and prosecco. In summer you can also enjoy half day charters with a ploughman’s lunch – book early to be sure of a slot.
You’ll need to tell us how many guests are coming in total (maximum 12), what food options you would like, and how many wheelchair/rollator Lift Users you have (maximum 4; if 2 or more, maximum guest number is 11). If you’re partying, you’re welcome to bring your own celebration cake on board (but no candles or sparklers.) Electra is great for getting together, but please note it’s a quiet boat – no music.
If the online charter choices aren’t quite what you’re looking for, please contact us to discuss the option of a custom charter adapted to your specific requirements. Email email@example.com Example custom charters include:
- Walk One Way Cruise for Larger Groups (09.30-12.30 on selected dates): Campbell Wharf to Great Linford Wharf and back. 12 guests cruise then walk; 12 guests walk then cruise. It’s an easy and interesting 5km canalside walk with a self-guiding app and then quite a different view of the city from the water, with the Café Bar open for refreshments.
- Charter Cruise for Groups with Limited Mobility (10.30-12.30 on selected dates): Campbell Park to Great Linford Wharf and back, for up to 12 guests (including up to 4 wheelchair/rollator users), with easy parking and access to the waterside by arrangement with The Parks Trust. Price includes coffee/tea & a slice of Victoria Sponge cake.
Comfort and safety on board
Our friendly trained volunteer crew take care of you, leaving you free to relax and enjoy your cruise. There is a card-only Galley Bar on board serving hot, cold and alcoholic drinks, plus a few snacks.
Electra is fully enclosed so you’ll be comfortable whatever the weather outside. The boat has a wheelchair lift and accessible toilet. Cruises are run in line with public health guidance.
Please check the full Terms & Conditions before booking.
Electra is run by volunteers. For all booking queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply within 48 hours.